Wednesday, April 26, 2017

MRI Results

The MRI tech told me that my results would show up in my online health portal within two business days. That time frame expired yesterday and I could not keep waiting (it's mentally draining!). I called Radiology today. They offered to fax my results to me, since the report had been read.

Findings:
There is minimal fibroglandular tissue and minimal background enhancement. No suspicious enhancement to suggest malignancy.

Impression:
1. Negative breast MRI. BI-RADS Category 1. Recommend next adjunct screening breast MRI in 12 months.

So it's clear! They recommend I test again in 12 months. That will be the plan if surgery isn't scheduled by then, so it works for me.

I can breathe for a while now.

Next appointment: June 22 with my oncological gynecologist. I am pretty certain that I will leave that appointment with a test or two scheduled (to see if I already have ovarian cancer) and possibly with a surgery date.

No comments:

Post a Comment