Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Making lemonade out of lemons...

I've had another setback in this. Due to doctors' schedules, coordinating two surgeons, and required wait time between two surgeries, I literally cannot get everything done this year. A cancellation won't fix it because  of the required wait time (even though they did lessen it for me from what it originally was) and the fact that the first date I'd be eligible for the biggest surgery would be December 29, when neither of the surgeons is doing surgeries due to the holidays.

So I've decided to focus on the positive. That last surgery is huge, risky, and long. It is on average a 12-hour surgery. The better health I'm in, the less risks there are to me and the easier recovery will be for me. So I'm going to focus on weight loss and getting into shape between now and then. Then again, I also have two surgeries between now and then, so I'll focus on healing well too. And truly, this puts at their ideal wait time between surgeries, so it's probably better for me anyway.

As for the bladder cancer, I'm feeling fine. Two weeks until my CT urogram and then three days after that until my repeat TURBT. Still hoping and praying that they find nothing.

And hey... I should be healed enough that week to go to my son's football game on take him on a college visit at the end of the week. Life goes on (because it has to).

No comments:

Post a Comment