Thursday, March 16, 2017

Appointments and Indecision

I got the call I've been waiting for. I was able to schedule my consult with a breast surgeon in Ann Arbor. My appointment is about a month away. I'm good with that. We have a trip planned for spring break, which is the week before the appointment. At least the appointment is on the calendar and I have something fun to look forward to before it.

I then called the plastic surgeon's office and got an appointment for a consult there too. It's a couple of days before the other consult. I'm glad to have it scheduled; I truly think I have more questions for the plastic surgeon than for the breast surgeon, as reconstruction is where my indecision comes in. I am now leaning toward not getting any type of reconstruction. I know the Facebook page I am on freaked me out at first. But it doesn't now, and the option is actually seeming better to me. Maybe it's more about the bad stories I've read in the DIEP flap group that I'm part of online. I need to get facts and straight info from a plastic surgeon to be able to be completely confident in my decision. Whatever I choose will have long-lasting consequences (hopefully benefits).

So the countdown is on to lots of appointments. The first is about a week and a half away.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to relax (yeah, right) and enjoy my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment