Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The MRI...

... didn't get to happen.

To do a breast MRI, you have to lay on your stomach on this ramp thing that looks like what you'd see mechanics raise a car on to change its oil. Your boobs hang down in these holes. Your boobs can't be squished at all. Well, mine are large (as doctors seem to like telling me) and when they hang down in the MRI machine, they get squished. So they have to "build you up" by basically putting rolled up washcloths between your boobs. Which raises you higher in the air. Which raises me too high to fit into the MRI machine at the facility I was at.

So I called 10 (literally) more places to try to get an MRI this week and nobody has an appointment available. So now I have to wait until next month (since breast MRIs have to be done between days 7 and 14 of your menstrual cycle) and get it done somewhere else. But I also have to hope that my insurance company will provide another pre-authorization, since the existing one expires on April 18. My doctor's office is working on the insurance side of it for me.

Now I know what to expect when I *do* get to have the MRI, and I know I'll be at a facility that has a larger machine and won't be a problem for me.
'
And for the record, I'm sick of talking about and showing my boobs.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment