Monday, March 20, 2017

Ugh... A Little Taste of What's to Come

I had to take my husband to the ER this morning. He has a bad infection in his leg. He's since been admitted into the hospital and will be there at least 48 hours. He's going to be fine, but it's been a rough day.

When I told my kids what was happening and where Da is, two of them started crying. I took them to the hospital to see him. They were expecting the worst, even though I told them beforehand that he is only hooked up to an IV. Once they saw him, they felt better. But then the nurse came in to give him a shot, and my 7-year-old freaked a bit.

If they are worried about a leg infection with a 48-hour hospital stay, how will they react to major surgery with a longer hospital stay? If they can't handle seeing an IV line and a shot, how will they feel when they see me after surgery?

No bueno. This whole thing sucks.

Now to get my husband healthy so my family can leave for vacation in 12 days. We NEED this time away together.

No comments:

Post a Comment