Friday, March 10, 2017

Kindness Makes Me Cry

I told someone recently that I feel like I've become bipolar in what I'm going through. I'm so up and down so much in a day (heck, in an hour).

I just emailed a friend who works at my church. I asked her to include me on the church prayer list. I didn't giver her details; I just told her that I'm battling some pretty tough health issues.

This was her reply, which made me cry:

"First of all, let me say that I am sorry that you are battling health issues. Know that without a doubt, I will be praying for you and I will ask for the ladies who do our prayer line to include you and I will also add you to the Book of Intentions. The names in the Book of Intentions are not read out loud, but during the Prayers of the Faithful we are asked to pray for all of the intentions included there.


I hope that the kids are doing well and will be of support for you as you have done so much for your family over the years. You are an awesome mom!!! Know that you are loved by so many and if I can do anything for you, a meal, a ride, anything, please don’t hesitate to ask."

It's funny how even someone being kind can make you cry. But her response was perfect; what I expected from her and then some. I'm so grateful for the kindness of others.



No comments:

Post a Comment